Sarasota Housing Authority
Celebrates its 75th Anniversary
Administration & Section 8 HCV Offices Are Moving
Click for Details: We_Are_Moving-2013.pdf
Did You Know?
- SHA is now designated as High Performer by HUD for both Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) for the first time ever.
- SHA was a finalist for the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce's non-profit of the year award for 2013.
- SHA's Janie's Garden development won a gold medal for community design by the National Association of Home Builders.
- SHA has recently housed 85 homeless veterans in our community through the VASH Program.
- Our non profit has completed and is leasing up 43 affordable apartments.
- Over 675 private landlords in this community lease units to families with a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher.
- SHA provides affordable rental housing assistance to over 2,100 families in Sarasota, which is 757 more than in 2004!
- SHA manages an annual budget of over $16 million with 34 employees.
- SHA was awarded an Energy Star "Leadership in Affordable Housing Award" by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for promoting energy efficiency in affordable housing.
- SHA was the first housing authority in Florida with a LEED certified building - the Janie's Garden clubhouse, designed by Carlson Studio Architecture.